Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year=New Beginnings (pun intended)

So the word is officially out on the streets--- I got a new job!!! Praise the Lord! After a very long and often sleep-deprived year (and the reason I've been up since 3AM tonight), I will no longer be working the night shift! In about 2 weeks, I will officially be employed as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner at New Beginnings OBGYN. I am so stinkin excited! The office consists of 1 female physician (they are looking to hire another), 1 RN, an ultrasound tech, a phlebotomist, about 4-5 office staff, and ME. During my interview, the physician told me that they are a Christian office who "prays together and plays together":-) Shoot, they even hugged me when I left my interview. The biggest downfall of the job is that I will have to commute 1 hour each way. Luckily, I will only be working part-time (about 27 hours/week), with the opportunity to move up once I build my own clientele. The 1st 90 days will be a trial period where they make sure that I fit well with the practice and that I know my stuff. Which brings me to my next emotion: FEAR. I am so scared that I've forgotten all my knowledge from school and I am going to get into a patient's room and just blank-out. But I believe the Lord has given me this position and I know that I will be ok (hopefully)! So keep me in your prayers on January 21 and until then I'll be sleeping in, having 3 day weekends, frantically studying, and preparing for my sex talk to the youth girls for our upcoming winter retreat (more on that later:-)!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Congrats on the job!! That's awesome! And I love your picture at the top of your page...so sassy. :)