Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time Is Tickin Away


.....tick tick tickin away. Who can name remember that wonderful DC Talk song?

Unfortunately, DC talk flashbacks are not the highlight of my blog post tonight. TIME is (or the lack thereof). The cover of Real Simple this month has in big bold letters, "More Time For You'. How glorious and appealing that sounds! Too bad I don't actually have time to sit down and read about how to give me more time. And I know I'm totally not alone. Our church did a big series of Sabbatizing (aka: taking a Sabbath) and it totally hit on the fact that society makes us feel as if we are not worthy human beings if we are not constantly doing something. Heaven forbid that you just come home from work one night and sit, watch TV, and go to bed by 9pm. We did well for a little while; making sure that we took a couple of nights out of the week to relax and have "family time", but we've slowly gone back into our old habits. My main question for you is

"Is it always going to be like this????"

Is there ever going to be a morning when you wake up and don't immediately want to go back to sleep because you are so exhausted?
Is there ever going to be a morning (or evening) when you feel like you got a quality quiet time with God?
Will my dog ever got a decent walk that lasts more than a mile?
Will I ever be on time or even EARLY for an event?

I mean, I'm going crazy here and I only have Adam and I to take care of:-) I can't imagine throwing an entire family into this chaos.

I realize that I can fix this however with a few simple steps.
1. My hairdresser is going to come over every morning and help me get ready for work. Megan does fabulous hair:-)
2. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner are going to be cooked by my own celebrity chef who has a specialty for low-cholesterol dishes.
3. For job transportation, I will either take a commuter van or hire a personal driver. This will give me an extra 2 1/2 hours/day to catch up on emails, read a book, or catch up on sleep. That might be the most glorious life ever.
4. At night, since I won't be exhausted from my drive and I won't have to cook, I'll be free to actually hang out (not just on the weekend), exercise, or walk the dog (if the dog sitter hasn't already done it for the day).

And while I'm at it, I'm going to extend my 2 weeks/year vacation plan to at least 2 months/year. Who's brilliant idea was it anyways to only give someone 2 weeks off out of a total of 52?

So anyways, that's my perfect life:-) Right now I actually do have time to blog since Adam is studying for his credentialing license for the Assemblies of God church. He takes a nice big test tomorrow morning and if he passes, his new name will be Reverend Adam Michael Reuss. haha. hilarious.

3 comments:

John and Court said...

send your chef and driver my way. that would be A-MAZE-ING!! (sigh)

John and Court said...

oooo...or when you move closer, we could just share and split the bill :)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I like your new life. :) I can't wait to call Adam Reverend!!