Friday, March 5, 2010

Millionaire Matchmaker

Since Adam and I don't have cable and fancy things like TiVo:-), my mind is usually spared of all the ridiculousness that comes along with cable television. That is, unless I am running. I don't enjoy running outside.... give me a treadmill with a TV 2 feet in front of my face and I can usually go for miles. And since we normally do most of our running in the wee hours of the night, the really "good stuff" is on. Lately I've been hooked on a show on Bravo called "Millionaire Matchmaker".



Quality, huh? This lady's purpose is to hook millionaires up with people that are looking to marry into money (Now, they don't actually come out and say that but let's be honest). And call me gullible, but I actually thought Patti had some morals since she doesn't believe in living with boyfriends before marriage and no "relations" on the first date. The other night they featured a 40-something millionaire who kinda looked like George Castanza off of Seinfeld. He was the nicest guy and I was so impressed when he asked his flight-attendant date about her religion 3 minutes into their dinner date. He was very adamant with Patti that he couldn't date anybody that wasn't a Christian. HOWEVER, he also wouldn't deny that he wouldn't have "relations" before marriage. (That drives me crazy on a whole different level!) In the end, the lady was Jewish and that was a big dealbreaker for Castanza. Patti the matchmaker was quoted later saying "I think it's sad that religion has to be a dealbreaker for so many relationships today". Oh, Patti, you really do know your stuff, don't you?

On a completely different note-- has anybody else seen the OnStar commercial (also seen while I was on the treadmill) about a stolen vehicle. It takes place on I-95 S right in downtown Chattanooga! A little representation of home:-).

2 comments:

CoachKSH said...

I didn't know that I-95 came through Chattanooga. I'll look for it next time I'm there. Might have to look for a LONG time!

Shawn Virginia said...

haha, oops. I meant I-75:-)