Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Last Word


This week was one of those weeks where the first thing I think about when I wake up is, "Where should I get my coffee from today?". I'm truly not THAT much of a coffee drinker, I'd say about 3 cups/week. And when Adam gets up in the mornings with me, he does usually make a mean cup of java for me. Well he had small group bright and early this morning and I was running late for work as usual. So for my hour-long car ride to work, I kept thinking about how the ladies in the office make like 15 pots/days and I have one of those gigantic Coffeemate flavored creamers in the fridge (Vanilla Caramel to be exact:-)). So when I go to the fridge, imagine my surprise when my precious vanilla caramel is gone. Now, this has happened before, but the other lady who finished off the bottle actually told me so I could buy some more. Now I buy the big ones for the office for a purpose. Because I only use like 1/8th of the whole thing and I don't mind sharing. But I like for there to be actually be some left for me when it's time for me to use it! So what do I do? I take the other creamer that belongs to someone else (and who I am almost 100% sure is my caramel vanilla thief). It just so happens to be the end of her bottle and so I finish it up and put it back in the fridge. empty.
Now why did I do that? Because I wanted to make a silly childish statement for nothing other than personal satisfaction and having the last word. Adam came across a similiar situation last week when a guy on Mountain Trader emailed him and told him he was asking to much for these used boots he was trying to sell. Adam wrote a lovely email back with smart alec response, basically to only have the last word. Don't worry, he very much regrets it and has since repented of it:-) What is the big deal in our society that it's so important to have the last word? So anyways,the empty coffeemate container is still in the fridge (and I really do smile when I think about it:-)) but we're trying to do better about having the last word. Today was just a stepback:-)

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

hahaha you are too funny! I suppose I should be a good friend and tell you to take the high road on this one, but I like the idea of you having the last word too. :)

The Stums said...

Girl, it's a constant struggle for me. Usually flares in the child pick-up line at Arnold. There are RULES. North side goes, then south side. Not north, north, north... and one south. Oh no, not in world. Argg. I've been known to wedge my vehicle in such a way that only I could decide who was going. I've glared at people in their mirrors, and I've waved sarcastic waves. Not pretty, I know. Trying hard to let it go, but justice is justice.

All that to say, leave the empty creamer... or not.. I dunno.