Monday, September 28, 2009

A House Divided

This past Saturday Adam and I went to Raleigh, NC to meet up with the Reuss parents and grandparents. We got to do a little bit of shopping at this awesome mall (where i also received awesome birthday shoes:-)) and then had lunch at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. Then the day turned magical for Adam. His buddy, Dan, called him up and had gotten us 2 free tickets to the NC State/Pittsburg game. Now I knew my husband is a die-hard NC State fan, but we had not gotten the opportunity to go to any NC State sporting events as a couple. I also like to add that I think I am a pretty good wife for sitting in the rain the entire game. The game was actually pretty good, but I realized one thing: I am a true Vols fan and I don't think I realized just how much I love TN football. I felt like a poser with my NC State t-shirt on that day (Hey, it was a Christmas gift). It is just not the same going to watch anybody else play! Give me a Rocky Top cheer any day over that creepy wolf pack howl thing:-) And let's be honest, the SEC is definitely the most competitive region in college football. Alright, so I might be slightly biased with my faithfulness to the bright orange, but I think that's ok. Adam & I will argue about this to the day we die. You know how you see those license plates with the two sports teams logos and then their is a split down the middle and it says "A House Divided"? If anyone can find one with NC State and Vols, then please let me know:-)

4 comments:

ErieContrary said...

Shawn, check out this website: http://www.kansaskollection.com/housedivided.htm

They have license plates where you can pick your teams and order it. Pretty cool!!

Also, I need to talk to you about some stuff to do in Chicago!!

John and Court said...

we are still looking for an Ohio State one :) I'm going to check out Erica's website though....

You are a dedicated wife!!

Bernadette said...

You can count on this under the tree at Christmas!
Love,
Mom

Abigail said...

Although I am not a fan of the Vols and glad I don't have to look like I'm going hunting everytime to support my team, I'm glad you stayed true!! =) And you ARE a good wife for sitting in the rain. And I'm sure I'll have to get one of those split license plates as well.