Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home Alone on a Saturday Night

That's right. I am home, all by myself (and Denali of course), at 8:00pm on a Saturday night. Adam has been in Cleveland for his friend, Grant's, wedding since Thursday and I am chilling at the house and LOVING IT. Now maybe in high school or college I would have been insecure about not having any fantastic social plans on a Saturday night, but now I love it. I had my social fix last night and this morning and so from 2pm on, it's all about me:-) I've decided that life is just too dang busy during the week and most of the weekends are usually spent traveling or doing a million other activities. When you have the house to yourself you can choose to not take a shower until 6pm and eat whatever you want (my meal of choice tonight was left-over pizza and mangos). I can bum around in sweatpants and a t-shirt and feel giddy because I get to clean, organize the house, read my bible before 11:30 at night, and do my bank statement. (Please don't judge me on that last sentence-- I feel like Katie and Abby might be my only 2 friends who also feel the same way:-)) So however "cool" you think you are that you can't stay at home on a Friday or Saturday night, I encourage you to try it and feel liberated as well:-)

2 comments:

Abigail said...

ahhh, I love it. =) Welcome to my world every night and it's fabulous!

Katie said...

Amen! I LOVE those nights!! :) Don't you just feel so accomplished?! Love ya... let's talk soon...