Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow Day!

Since Adam and I really don't watch the news all that much, we found out Sunday morning that apparently it was supposed to snow later that night. Of course, skeptical as always about snow, we didn't believe it and all I could think about was how I was in for a rough drive to work Monday morning. Well the heavens opened up and God proved our skeptical hearts wrong! We had about 1 1/2 inches Sunday night and woke up to a winter wonderland Monday morning. We got a total of 4 1/2 inches! Now I know all you northerners are laughing at us right now but I don't care! Adam and I both got off work that day and Chesterfield Co. schools ended up being closed for 3 days! Hannah and Brandon called early that morning and like giddy school kids, we headed out for some sledding. For lunch we came in for some homemade soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and homemade cookies (we had made the night before to celebrate the snow:-)) We had such a blast the whole day and I realized I want to be a teacher so I can get out for more snow days! Here are some pictures of our day of fun!


Sunday night playing in the snow


4 1/2 inches!!


Adam helping the neighborhood kids build a ramp for snowboarding (in our front yard:-))




Check out my skills


Our hill of glory:-)


Snow beards


The bottom of our hill had an awful bank that stopped us


We took a little break for some of Chester's finest graffiti:-)


Jonny, Kate, and Sunny

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Your house is so pretty. :o)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

So fun!!!! I'm not laughing...snow is snow :) I second Abs, your house looks great! Fun times!!!!