Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Unlucky Weekend!

This past weekend I was able to fly home to TN for a quick weekend visit. I knew it was going to be rushed and packed full of family and friends but I was up for the challenge. Now normally I am a pretty organized, on-top-of-things, non-clumsy, not unlucky person. This weekend, however, was the farthest thing from that! Here is the woeful tales of my clumsy weekend:-)
-Friday night: I left work at 5pm and had until 7:25pm when my flight was departing. The airport was only an hour away (according to Mapquest). Traffic was rough, the DC airport was insanely busy, and I checked in late enough for them to tell me it was too late to check a bag. (Thankfully I was carrying on!)Security took forever and I was THAT late person on the flight where everyone watches you walk down the aisle glaring at you and wondering how someone could be so unprepared. Let me also mention that somewhere in the shuffle I lost my parking ticket that told me what lot I parked in and when I entered it.
-Friday night on the way home: My wonderful friends Katie, Abby, and Courtney came to the ATL airport to pick me up. On the way home, it was raining and a big wreck happened literally 20 feet ahead of us. Courtney was the 1st person to call 911! (Granted this event was no related to my clumsiness, but it still happened!)
-Saturday night we were sitting around the dinner table and my brother threw a nerf ball at me. Of course I threw it back at him (missing him) and hit one of my mom's hurricane vases. This being the 3rd one that either Scott or I have broken.
-Sunday afternoon: I went over Abby & Katie's apartment and being the good patron that I am, saw empty parking spaces but still decided to park on the side, in the mud. The minute I pulled in, I realized that I was not going to be coming out easily. Brad & Steve attempted with no avail. Thankfully Cameron's brother came to our rescue with his jeep and helped pull me out. (Keep in my mind, this is all happening in a parking lot)
-Sunday night at the airport: I make my 1st flight to Charlotte without problems. I rush to my connecting flight and realize it is 2 hours late! This makes the departure time 12:30 AM (due to mechanical problems). So me and my fellow passengers wait in the airport together for >3 hours late in the night. We ended up taking off at 2:15 AM, arriving at 3:30. I finally arrived at Tim & Jessica's apartment at 4:40 am, slept from 5-7, and had a complete work day! It was pretty rough!

Now I hope you don't think I am being pessimistic, because I am really had a wonderful weekend. It just felt like everything I touched was falling apart:-) I think this is how my friend Paula feels all the time:-)

3 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

awesome! Glad you got to see so many friends! Never too old to break a hurrican vase huh?! :)

Todd D. said...

Glad to see you're back safely :) Now it's Adam's turn for a wild weekend eh? :p

The Stums said...

What a series of unfortunate events! I'm sad I didn't bump into you during your weekend here, but maybe I'm better off since you might have hurt us both with your un-luck. :)