Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meet Tammy!!!!


drumroll please)
I would like everyone to meet the new addition to our family: Tammy!
Tammy Two-Tone that is. ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL?!?!?!

Now let me explain. Putting almost 1000 miles a week on my 4-Runner was not cutting it anymore, so Adam and I have been shopping around for a "ghetto-commuter car". And look what we found:-) Tammy is a 1998 Hyundai Accent, has 137,000 miles on her, and is perfect for driving to and from work. No power windows or power, she shakes when she reaches 70mph, only an AM/FM radio (no cd/tape player), and a horn that sounds like someone is throwing up. The BEST part about the whole situation, though, is that she is TOTALLY two-toned. I mean, how many people can say they drive a purple car with a silver hood? Not many:-) We literally laugh out loud every time that we get in to drive her. And yesterday was the first time in my life that I have ever had to have somebody jump my car (Since there is no "dinging" noise that reminds you to turn off your lights, they were left on all day at work, resulting in a dead battery-and only the 2nd time I had driven her to work). But Tammy brings a life lesson with her: humility (and I am being really serious). Now please don't think I am being snobby, but I have always had a nice car. You couldn't have paid me money to drive something similiar in high school or maybe even college. But I'm noticing something changing in me (that I know still needs ALOT more work)-- I am starting to focus less on material things and more on things that are really important. It's a slow process, but I believe Tammy is really helping me out with this. It's really teaching me that it doesn't matter how the world views you on the outside, it's about what your heart looks like. And I believe Tammy is helping me out with this:-)

5 comments:

John and Court said...

It's just like I pictured it :)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

SWEET! Tammy rocks!!!!...& so does humility ;) It's a hard lesson we ALL learn/have learned/learn over and over again. I'm right there with ya sister.

Abigail said...

My little girl is growing up.... :o)

The Stums said...

Shawn, have you been reading/listening to Francis Chan? If so, Tammy is teaching you the same lesson I am learning as I downsize my ridiculous closet stuffed full of more things than I'll ever wear. If not, Tammy will come to mean even more after you do.

CoachKSH said...

It really stinks to grow up and make "wise" decisions, now doesn't it!