Monday, December 15, 2008

Tacky Sweater Christmas Fun

(Yeah, I made my own shirt:-) Complete with bells, glitter glue, and a real gingerbread cookie) This weekend was definitely packed full of fun. Friday night we went to a "Young Marrieds" Christmas party at our friends, the Coffins. We ate lots of great treats, met some new people, and played "The Newlywed Game" (it was hilarious!) Saturday consisted of some last minute hectic Christmas shopping before I had to work the evening shift, while Adam went to his friend's wedding in Raleigh. Sunday was church, lunch with friends, Christmas cookie-making with my friend Kate, and then to top it off-- the Common Ground Tacky Sweater Christmas Party. Common Ground is the young adults group at church and I am so thankful for this group! I don't get to go very often due to my work schedule, but I love being there. The group is very ecletic and Brandon (the college pastor) is awesome at really hearing what the Lord is saying and then sharing it in a way that challenges us everytime we are there. But anyways, last night was just plain fun at CG, with everyone dressing up in their ugliest Christmas attire. We had a Christmas trivia game, a runway walk-off to strut your Christmas best, and an 80's dance party to wrap it up. Who says dance parties don't happen after college:-)?



Adam really just looked like an Abercrombie kid



Hannah and Brandon



DJ Aaron spinning it up (I wish you could see the ornaments hanging in his hair)



1st & 2nd place winners- Joy & Phil Brock



A glimpse of the dance party winding down

3 comments:

John and Court said...

Love the sweater!! Do you already have a gift in your Christmas stocking???

Jen B said...

you all are too cute!

Bernadette said...

The new sweater dress looks great!