Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Time Is Here!

I am soooo excited that Christmas time is finally here! The weather is starting to get really cold (cold enough to snow anyways), shopping is at it's peak, parties are beginning, Christmas music is on 24/7 and holiday baking is underway! Could life GET any better:-) We put up our tree Thursday night for our 2nd Christmas together and our 1st in our new house. Much to Adam's disappointment, the artificial tree made it's way up again this year. I've also realized that it takes a whole lot more decorations than I have to fill an entire house and make it Christmas-y. I now have new respect for all those moms and grandmothers out there:-) Now with all the things I love about Christmas, I do feel the need to make some Christmas recommendations for anyone deciding to read this:-) 1. Don't get a job where you have to work holidays (ie. anything in healthcare) 2. Sing your little hearts out to Christmas music. My all-time favorite Christmas CD's are Amy Grant and Mariah Carey (although I will give honorable shout-outs to Elliot Yamin's CD and the one from Starbucks last year) 3. Bake all the best cookies you know how and feel free to bring them to me:-) 4. Please don't put giant blow up things in your front yard and 5. Don't forget that Christmas is really about celebrating the birth of our Savior! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas season!!

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

Looks great! I am very impressed with your technolgy skills with the slide show :)

John and Court said...

I HAVE THAT SAME NATIVITY SCENE!!!!!!!

Erica said...

Your house looks really cute Shawn!! It IS tough to make a house "Christmasy"...at least for all of us newbies at it! Merry Christmas!

Recipes from the Lombard Clan said...

Had NO idea you started a blog until I saw it on someone else's blog. I am glad I found you!! :) I will add your blog to mine soon. Talk to you soon!
Lindsey