Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glimpses of Bam

Today would have been my grandmother's 82nd birthday. Thankfully, I'm surrounded by glimpses of her everyday.


This was a chair in her living room. We had it recovered and picked it up in Cleveland last weekend. It fits perfectly in our corner and reminds me of her everytime I sit in it.



This is one of the random pieces of jewelry I picked out of Bam's jewelry box. It was probably a gift from a child or grandchild in the family, but whenever I wear it, I think of her.



This was a 50th Anniversary Party that we celebrated for Bam and Doda's best friends, Uncle Tony & Aunt Yvonne. Aunt Yvonne and Bam literally saw/talked to each other every single day. Seeing her last weekend really reminded me of Bam and how much she cherished her friendships. I hope that I can be that way too at 81:-)



I think about calling Bam often. I wanted to go see her the last time we were in Cleveland. I see cards in the store that I want to send to her. I hate that I'm going to have to wait until heaven to see her smiling face or hold her hands again. Happy 82nd Birthday, Bam! I miss you every single day. We all do...

2 comments:

ALM said...

I've decided there's blogging in Heaven and that she read your post with a big smile on her face. =)

Wonderful post!

Bernadette said...

Captured my exact thoughts . . . tears to my eyes this a.m. love you,
Mom