Sunday, November 29, 2009

See Ya Thanksgiving

Ugh. Time to get back to the real world. I say this every single Sunday night but I REALLY don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I have the hardest time getting motivated each week and it's especially hard after a holiday. We spent the last 4 days in Charlotte with Adam's family for a very relaxing Thanksgiving. We were lazy (maybe a little too lazy), we ate too much (even Denali helped himself to some of grandma Trees' homemade apple pie), shopped Black Friday madness (scored a printer and all 10 seasons of Friends), and caught up with family and friends. As always, I wish I could have spent Thanksgiving with both the Douglases and the Reusses and I'd like to say a happy belated birthday again to dad! Thanksgiving was great, but I'm ready to move on to Christmas! I feel like last year's Christmas FLEW by, so this year I am making a special effort to savor every minute:-) So after a great church service and an awesome lunch at Cracker Barrel, we put up our Christmas decorations! Granted the weather was about 65 and sunny here today, it was still fun! Here are some pictures:








I'm so afraid of making my house look tacky that sometimes I hold back even when I want to put something up:-) We put greenery on our railings outside and Adam is going to put up some icicle lights so we'll put some more pictures up of that when it happens:-)



Speaking of tacky, this is Adam's mullet shirt (party in the front, business in the back) :-) It was really an old tshirt I was cutting into a dusting rag but Adam felt the need to model it:-)

5 comments:

lindsay rae said...

i love the mullet shirt. that's awesome. miss you :)

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

looks like a perfect thanksgiving day shirt...plenty of room for the belly to grow with yummy turkey!

The Stums said...

And you watched Elf while decorating, I see. Good call.

I'm so with you on the tacky meter. I want to deck the place out, but I'm afraid it will turn into Big Lots before I know it.

bmillar said...

I am somewhat afraid when I see Adam in that shirt.....MIss you guys..Love, Aunt Barb

Bernadette said...

Love the decorations! Nativity looks really nice. How does Denali like the tree? 24 days till you come home!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mom