Monday, November 16, 2009

Family Bonding minus the husband

This past week I have been on a plane 4 times. My husband will have been on a plane twice and yet none of these trips have actually been made together. I was lucky enough to have my mom and my aunt Barb join me for a work conference in Chicago from Saturday to Tuesday and then Adam flew to Germany Wednesday until tomorrow. So instead of moping around Chester (:-)), I decided to head home to Cleveland. The weekend was action packed as always and I got to see most everyone I loved including Bam and my preggo friends. The weather was absolutely beautiful and so the fam took the opportunity to play a little tennis on Saturday afternoon. Scott & I lost to our parents. How pathetic is that?? I guess that's ok considering I have picked up a tennis racket twice this entire year. But by far, my favorite family bonding moment took place at 11:30pm Saturday night. I was coming home from Katie's house around 11 and I turned onto TN Nursery Rd (the road that takes me into the neighborhood), hitting a sewer/pothole thing on the way. I made it about 100 more feet and then realized I had a flat tire. Now it's a sad day when you are 2 miles from home and consider calling AAA over calling your father. So what do I do? Call my brother:-) And then we contemplate what to do, eventually deciding on calling mom and dad. There's nothing like family bonding having everyone standing outside, tired, cold, cranky, while watching dad change a tire:-) But it really was a great weekend. I'm thankful that I was able to come home and see everyone. Thanks mom and dad!

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

You're welcome.... And it was only 11:05 p.m. But thanks for considering not waking us up, although we were not asleep yet. Miss you... Love,
Mom

PS I much preferred tennis bonding over flat tire bonding! Thanks for letting us win.

Katie said...

So glad you came, Shawn!!!! It was great to see you :)