Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Storm 09!

Call me skeptic, but when I left work yesterday, I truly did not believe that we were going to get a foot and a half of snow that weatherman had predicted for the weekend. Well it's now Saturday night and while there is not 18 inches of snow on the ground, there is a solid 5 combined with lovely ice. The "Noreaster" :-) started yesterday night on my way home from work and it sure did take me 2 1/2 hours to get home with my blood pressure probably shooting extremely high. Adam and I had a wonderful evening planned out that included dinner at Olive Garden (we had a gift card:-)), watching The Blindside, and finishing Christmas shopping. By the time I got home at 8:00, we decided to risk it and head out into the storm anyways. Basically hunger was our motivation. We headed on to the interstate and before we could even get off the ramp, there is a wrecked car on the side with a teenage boy walking towards town. This was certainly not the first stranded car on the side of the road. We ended up taking him home, which was in the middle of absolute nowhere (keep in mind by BP was still skyhigh since our car does not have 4wheel drive). By the time we pulled into Olive Garden at 10pm, they were closing due to "inclement weather" and we ended up at DENNY's at 11pm. We had a very college date night, thankfully making it home alive. We woke up today to a wonderful winter wonderland and ventured out once again to finish up the Christmas shopping. This time we took Tammy Two-Tone because we thought if something happens to her, we don't care as much:-) The first two church services are cancelled for tomorrow and who knows about work on Monday:-) Let's just hope we make it home for Christmas!

3 comments:

John and Court said...

You better make it!!!

lindsay rae said...

yes, i'm with courtney! you better make it! you have two very tiny and precious boys waiting to meet their aunt shawn!

Erica said...

Oh my gosh! What part of VA do you guys live in?? I completely forgot about you living there, and Chris was stranded in Virginia for a couple of days!! I'm sure he would have liked to have seen Rooha!