Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A League of their Own

For the past couple of seasons, I have had the pleasure to sit on the sidelines and cheer Adam on in his softball games. Being the competetive person that I am, while supportive:-), I always wanted to get in there and play. So this is my year! We officially joined the Cornerstone Coed softball team. And let me tell you, it is a sight to see. The team is diverse to say the least: We've got men that are really good and are just playing because their wives convinced them (i.e. Adam), girls that are have trouble making any kind of connection with the ball, and then some in-between. We play on Friday nights and so it makes it like a fun date night for the weekend. Everyone is really laid back and since we're playing in a church league, it's mostly a friendly atmosphere. One thing we have realized, however, is the fact that our coaches are sticklers for the rules:-) We play back-to-back games and since we were late signing up for the season, we had to sit out the first game. Then, Adam forgot his glove the 2nd week and they made him sit out out the first game as well. It's definitely been a humbling experience:-) Not to mention the fact that I pulled a very large muscle last week running to 1st base (Nothing will make you feel older, huh?) But it's been great and we've had the opportunity to also meet people that we have never met from the church before. I'm having a blast and I would attach pictures if I had them. Mental picture: Our shirts are teal:-)

No comments: