Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Resurrection Day" 2009!

Well for most of you, the traditional day is called Easter:-) However, I was officially corrected about 2,045 times on Easter Sunday when I said "Happy Easter". Apparently the correct saying is "Happy Resurrection Day". I don't know, maybe it's an Assembly of God thing:-) Anyways, it's the day that Jesus rose from the grave and whatever you want to call it- I'm so glad he did it!!! Poor Adam had a sunrise service (at 6:00 am), 4 regular services, breakfast run by the youth, and an outreach service at Shady Hill (the trailer park community our church does outreach with) in the afternoon. It was a pretty exhausting but pretty wonderful day! Since I haven't lived in Cleveland in about four years, one tradition that I have started on Easter is my traditional Easter dinner:-) When I was a graduate student in Nashville, a bunch of us weren't able to go home for the weekend, so we had Easter potlucks two years in a row. (I realize I tend to take on the mom/cooking role for special events). Last year was Adam and I's first Easter in Chester and we invited some of our friends over for a laidback meal. This year, however, I wanted to provide a full-out traditional Easter feast and invite all our close friends and have them just show up and hang out without worrying about bringing a dish. I made a huge ham (for the 1st time), smashed potatoes, green beans, corn casserole (thank you, Abby:-)), croissants, grape salad, and strawberry shortcake. We pulled out the good China and the boys set the table perfectly. Thanks to everyone for coming over!


Easter Morning


Most everyone helped get everything together since the outreach lasted a little long






Look at this table:-)



2 comments:

Erica said...

Well, no one can ever tell you that you don't know how to make a table look hot! Awesome, awesome job! Your strawberry shortcake looks pretty delicious too. :) I love Easter dinner.

Unknown said...

And I'm so glad you were the mom. It was wonderful and I loved the whole thing. Except PLEASE call it Easter. It's Easter. Easter Easter Easter. I love Jesus and it's Easter. Sigh. Sorry for that. Had to get it out.