Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back





This past weekend Adam and I made a very quick trip to Tennessee for a special reason. We had gotten a phone call on Thursday night that told us my brother, Scott, had gotten the vote for Chi. This is always a cool thing and especially cool because his brother-in-law (my husband:-)) probably had a large hand in Scott choosing Chi. Apparently his sister's bias had zero influence:-) To anybody outside of the Lee Bubble, our "Greek clubs" are crazy. And I'm so thankful that I married someone who could understand this craziness. But to anybody that's ever been a part of them-- it totally consumes your life during college and it's SO worth it. The friendships that you make, the life lessons it teaches you, and of course the cool jerseys that you get to wear every Monday were definitely highlights of my time at Lee. You're not the first person to be in the club or the last, but you'll always be a part of the legacy that that club is. I'm excited for Scott and partially jealous because sometimes I wish we could all go back 5 years (or however long it's been) and have that much fun again. Getting to watch a sampling of DZT's induction on Saturday brought back that feeling, but also made me realize that you do grow up and life does go on after Lee and yes, even after induction:-). I'm so thankful for my time at Lee, but I think I'm doing alright where I'm at too.

2 comments:

lindsay rae said...

i really thought this post was going into the direction of, "sometimes i wish i could go back...and be in chi, instead of upsilon." and i gotta say, i was about to get buckwild. hahahahaaa speaking of buckwild--there's a fun college memory! "try to keep us out the ghetto, but we're still BUCKWILD!"

oh my. the days.

Lindsey said...

Hey friend who I haven't talked to in FOREVER! I think this is funny because I totally get where you are coming from. I love the feeling I get when I hear about people getting tapped or when I go back on those days. I loved being in DZT. Although,I love my life now more than ever, I still like to reflect on those times when life was really easy(even if I didn't see it as that...it was).

Now, Lindsay brings up a great point. Holy Moly...Buckwild is a REALLY old memory. I mean, she went way back for that one. I totally forgot about that saying. So funny. And what about Meat Eaters. Hilarious. I still believe we were the greatest freshman class that Lee ever saw...or has seen. :)