Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crickets and Dance Parties

So I'm sitting here on Sunday afternoon exhausted, body sore, eating a hot dog. Since my boss decides not to celebrate MLK day, I do not get the privilege of a three day weekend like most of you. For that reason, I had to come back a day early from our youth Winter Advance this weekend. I thought I would be excited to come back a day early and be able to regenerate and take a nap and everything else glorious that comes with being at home by yourself for a day. But I'm not. I'm sooo wanting to be back up in Keiseltown, VA with the kids (and of course my husband). We had such a great weekend. We took about 55 kids and 15 adults into the mountains for a weekend to advance in their relationships with God. And it worked:-) We had an awesome speaker from Camp Lurecrest (where Adam used to work), we played ridiculous games (of which the #1 reason I'm sore all over and also why I spit a live cricket out of my mouth!), ate home-cooked meals from our awesome cooks, made only 1 trip to the ER (for a leader:-)), and closed last night with the best dance party I've ever seen including the coolest girls to the "geekiest" boys. And as far as I know, we had at least 1 girl who gave her life to Christ! Those are the moments where I am so proud of my husband and what he does on a daily basis for those teenagers. I love that God has called me to work with teenagers and I can't beleive that I'm sitting at home wishing I was with them!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Sorry you were bummed to be home, but I have to say...I think being the wife of a youth pastor sounds like soooo much fun!! I miss all those youth retreats and such; it's awesome that you still get to go!

Reverend Pastor Adam M. Reuss, co-heir with Christ said...

Awe boo you are the best! Thank you so much for all the ways you support me and serve the youth here. I'm sorry I'm not as into womens health as you are into the youth! :) jk. I love you so much and it means so much that you take pride in serving these kids.