Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prayer Request for Bam

For those that don't know, my grandmother on my dad's side is affectionately known as "Bam". (My grandfather was "Doda" as if that makes any more sense:-)) She had a small bout with bladder cancer a couple of years and did really well with that. Recently, she has been feeling very nauseous and sick and her doctor actually found a lump in her groin. After the biopsy, we just got the confirmation that the bladder cancer was back and now it has spread to some other areas of her pelvis. The doctor wasn't very giving with a good prognosis, and the only option at this point is chemotherapy. Now I'm asking anyone that reads this to please pray for her. Of course I am asking for complete healing from the Lord for her body, but at the same time I am asking for strength for this new chapter of chemo. She is 81 years old and I know this is going to be very tough on her body. I love my grandmother and it's killing me that we don't live closer to TN where I could help out with things. This does, however, give me more of an opportunity to lift her up in prayer. Thanks guys.

In the wise words of my friend Courtney, you can't put the power of God in a box:-)

2 comments:

John and Court said...

AMEN and we will keep praying!

Erica said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that! I can relate...my grandma just finished her chemotherapy, and my grandpa was just diagnosed with it. Tough, very tough. I am stopping to say a prayer for your grandma now....