Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Weekend


I think Valentine's Day and all things associated with it (well, all except boxed chocolates and stuffed animals) is great. This year I decided to have Valentine's weekend. My goal was to have an all-things Adam and Shawn weekend. Weekdays can be soo stressful and with my new job, I cherish the weekend. So here's a run-down of our weekend: Friday night we went out to eat for our nice dinner at Maggiano's. Keep in mind that our reservation wasn't until 9:30 (Adam was a little delayed in making reservations:-)) But dinner was awesome and we had a great time. Saturday morning consisted of sleeping late and homemade blueberry pancakes at 11:30am. We then decided to take Ellie, the Franco's chocolate lab that we were dog-sitting for the weekend, to Belle Isle for some walking and swimming in the river (her, not us:-)) We went with another couple who has a dog and it made the dog-fever even hotter. (Insert random thought: Adam just sat down and put the "Find Pets" section of the newspaper down in front of me...Too bad he was looking for used cars on the back:-( ) When we got home, we exchanged gifts. Adam got me flowers (that he arranged himself), a red pair of my favorite Nike running shorts and mountain biking gloves (how romantic:-)). I got him the The Love Dare book from the movie Fireproof and a very cute sweater:-) We decided to go see a movie that night and saw He's Just Not Into You (or whatever it is called.. I never get it right). The other option was to see Twilight in the old $2 theatre downtown, which had specially balcony seating for "couples only" on V-Day- haha. We went with Option 1. Anyways, the movie was cute, with lots of famous faces in it, but I didn't think it had the world's greatest view on marriage. I did, however, inspire a new haircut which I am going to attempt to have my hairdresser try on Thursday (stay tuned for more). So anyways, that was our Valentine's Weekend 2009. I'm still married to the most romantic husband who makes every little thing special and I'm thankful for our relaxing time together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cuteness. Weekends are the best. I agree that Adam and Shawn double dates would be a grand idea!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

Fun times! I love that you have a blog now...just another way to feel closer :)