Thursday, July 16, 2009

AAA

And for the third time since we've owned Tammy Two-Tone, AAA would have been very useful. The first two times I could have used them, I forgot to turn off Tammy's lights resulting in a dead battery when I tried to leave work. I've since learned the magic of jumper cables. Then yet again, the non-automatic car leaves me hanging. I was on my way home from a vvvveerrrrryyyy long day of work yesterday when I needed to stop and get gas. Since I don't have automatic locks, to get out of the car, I had to physically pull the lock up and exit the car. Somehow when I was getting out, it managed to lock (totally on it's own might I add:-)), with my wallet in the front seat, my phone in the cupholder, and my keys in the ignition. Being exactly 30 miles from work and 30 miles from home, I attempted to pry open the door for a few minutes just in hopes that my super human strength would kick in. No luck. So I turned around and headed into the gas station where these two old men smoking cigarettes have been watching me the whole time. (sidenote: This is one of THOSE gas stations where people hang out all day because there is nothing else to do in the town). By the time I got inside, they had already called the police for me so I wouldn't have to call a locksmith. I can honestly say that was the first time I feel like I have been shown "southern hospitality" since I've moved to Virginia. Anyways, the policeman showed up about 15 minutes later and used his little tool thing to break in. My stomach was in knots when he couldn't get the first 2 doors open, but yet sucess on the third. He was super nice and I asked him to hang around until I made sure my battery wasn't dead since the keys had been in the ingition. Of course he did, and I was on my way home again secretly cursing myself again for not filling out the AAA application that has been sitting in my planner all month.

3 comments:

The Stums said...

How weird is it that we were reading each other's most recent posts at the same time apparently?? Girl, get out a pen and fill out that AAA deal!

Jake is visiting the dots, and you are visiting the feathers. Both beautiful accessories when added appropriately.

Unknown said...

Aww How can Tammy treat you that way? I'm so sorry to hear about your car adventures, but it does make for a great blog post! I love the old men in the gas station. Classic.

BTW I have AAA through my cell phone provider. Don't know if yours offers it, but it's just a few dollars extra a month and is good for whatever car the cell phone is with, not just one or two particular cars.

lindsay rae said...

i locked my keys in my car the other day at home... and used my trusty AAA card, and they were there in 10 minutes and the job was done. you just can't beat AAA...especially with a tammy in your life. :)